Tuesday, March 22, 2011

EGGSTRA ! EGGSTRA ! Read all about it …


“Walmart Egg Tossers Face Charges” is the headline in our local newspaper. I kid you not … I could not make this up and to top that the three young men involved are from my hometown !

Here’s what the newspaper reported:

“Three (local) men (in their 20’s) are facing multiple misdemeanor charges after a not-so-eggs-cellent adventure in Walmart. …. (and) have been charged with larceny/shoplifting and criminal damage to property after police say they threw raw eggs inside the store,

The incident, which was captured on store surveillance video, happened at about 2:30 this morning. “They went in the store, headed to the back where the eggs were and then they started,” said ___, Aberdeen deputy police chief.

When police arrived, they discovered the three men in the parking lot. After reviewing the surveillance video police took the men into custody. The men were not employees of the store.”


Now you can imagine what happened after that story ran. The reader’s comments poured in … 55 at last count … and here are just a few of them:

** They were not egg-sperts in getting away from the police

** I bet they scrambled when they saw the Police!!!

** EGGS! OMG ... I got in more trouble when I was a kid throwing eggs. But I was a kid (not in my twenties) and back in those days there weren't security cameras. Dumb, dumber and dumbest.

** Their brains must have been fried or scrambled when they decided to do this .....

** I hope the judge doesn't go over easy on them.

** I bet the Wal-Mart folks were eggstremely happy to see the Aberdeen PD. These kids were just practical yolkers, but Wal-Mart didn't seem to be in the mood for a good yolk

** It has all the makings of a classic hard-boiled crime novel.

( and my three favorites )

** Do they get the PULLETS-A-PRIZE for hatching this stupid idea?

** EGG-ISTENTIALISTS, no doubt.

** “Remorse, the fatal egg that pleasure laid.” ~William Cowper

8 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Thanks for the yokes.

5:25 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Very funny!!

8:36 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

That's eggstremely funny!
Love Di ♥

6:09 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Really egg-cited to read about this Eggstravaganva, Ginnie...tired of these puns by now?

5:50 PM  
Blogger ellen said...

Oh, Ginnie! This is rarer than hens' teeth. (ouch, this one is stupid.)

2:00 PM  
Blogger possum said...

OK, OK, I will behave... I don't know what gets into young people these days. Pitiful.
One day a couple really young kids (6? 7? 8?) dumped some eggs in FoodLion. They saw that was fun and grabbed another carton. On the 3rd dozen, someone yelled at them and they dropped it and ran. Their mother was angry at the shoppers that yelled at her kids, cussed them out, then at the manager who tried to make her pay for the eggs - which she refused to do - stormed out of the store deliberately knocking a gumball machine over as she left. For real! I saw it! Hmmm, I wonder if her kids are 20 yet?

12:58 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

Those were eggselent comments. I don't think that they were hard-boiled criminals though.

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are we to beleive that Aberdeen is home to Eggstream Punstering???
A little Ditty that just punted into me::
If a Punster could punt puns,
how many puns could a Punster punt???
I need Ice Cream...and hot fudge!!!
Grenville

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home