Wednesday, March 02, 2011

A mural for my bedroom…



I have a small house … just 5 rooms and a big central hall. The rooms are large, however, with the exception of the smaller back room that was my office until a few weeks ago.

It was then that I decided to switch rooms and turn that office area in to my bedroom and I’m thrilled with my decision. It is cozy and warm and all it really needed was a bit of color to bring it alive. Not having a picture to fill the bill I decided to paint another mural.

Some of you may recall that I have a little business called “Snowflakes” (custom painted furniture) and, in the past I would also paint murals. I don’t do that commercially anymore since it is very hard on my back. BUT…I couldn’t resist one more challenge in my own house.

So now I can wake to a bright and cheerful “stained glass” window and, although I miss my Italian scene from my old bedroom I can go there whenever I want because that is my new office space !

10 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

Ginnie, I like it very much!! I am partial to the Italian scene, but the stained glass is lovely too!

3:21 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

Ginnie--you are so talented.
Wow.
Love both scenes!

3:40 PM  
Blogger An Irish Friend of Bill said...

cool :) awesome painting..
what a lovely desk space :)

4:15 PM  
Blogger possum said...

oh, gee, I love them both! But, I can see the new one in a bedroom and the Italian one as a office.... that's nice.

4:49 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Ah, Ginnie is multi talented! I love the mural Ginnie and you new Italian office looks great! It is nice to have a change now and then.
It's kind of funny, I left my bigger bedroom and moved into the smaller cozier one too! It's been a couple of years now and I do love it.
Love Di ♥

5:11 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Very nicely done, Binny. Great to be able to just paint some brickword and a window where you wanted/needed one.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

What an amazing place! Home = castle.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

You are so talented. I love those murals.

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Big John said...

Lovely ! ... and the books and plant look so real. :-)

6:59 AM  
Blogger ellen said...

Echoing what every one else has said..fabulous job.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home