Thursday, February 17, 2011

A perfect blend … My BIRTHDAY GIFTS:

As I grow in age I find that I need less and less. That is why it’s so hard for me to let my children know what I want for gifts. At Christmas and on my birthday they always ask and I never have a good answer.

The easiest thing, of course, is a gift card and I really love those … especially the ones for Panera Bread. I like their salads and soups and the Asiago breakfast bagel with egg, cheese and bacon is a favorite of mine, as are the little quiche‘s.



Soooo…I received the standard question this year as my date of birth approached and I (as always) asked for the gift card. My son groaned but he and his daughter honored my request … so I am set for some good eating for quite a while to come, thanks to them !

My daughter and her husband, on the other hand, refused to go along with that and I was shocked and thrilled to get something that I can really use but would NEVER have asked for. It’s a Black and Decker Leaf Hog blower and vacuum !



My little house is surrounded by trees and, no matter what the season, I am inundated with leaves and no amount of raking seems to make a dent in it. Not to mention that the raking kills my back !

I’ve already put it to the test and I find it easy to handle and very efficient. I will finally be able to stay ahead of the leaf deluge and what a difference it will make in keeping a neat and tidy yard. I’m sure my neighbors will approve.

Now I can blow or vacuum to my heart’s content and then reward myself with breakfast or lunch at Panera’s. A perfect blending of gifts from my almost-perfect kids !!

8 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

Both are good presents!! I also prefer gift cards, for either foods or massages or pedicures!

4:13 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

Hi Ginnie,
My mom was the same way. She had so many little things that she really didn't want anymore. But I have a feeling that she would have loved the leaf blower and the food.
Happy Birthday! Love Di ♥

5:03 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

I can identify--we too are difficult to buy for. And we love gift cards. I keep my Amazon wish list up-to-date.

Sounds like both of your gifts are perfect!

10:02 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Happy Birthday to you! Wonderful gifts and all of them you will use too :)

2:41 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I guess I need to wish you Happy Birthday. Or did I do that already? I need a memory upgrade for my birthday.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Ginnie, Panera bread is one of our favorite places, not only for the food, but the wi-fi as well. We spent a couple of weeks in an cabin which was supposed to have connectivity, but didn't so we would drive 30 minutes to a Panera Bread and settle down for soup, sandwich and email. Makes a great gift!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

Great presents. Glad that you had a happy birthday! Any signs of spring there?

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Alan G said...

Happy Birthday Ginnie!

As to the leaf blower, I can truly relate since I am surrounded with numerous Oak trees!

3:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home