Saturday, January 22, 2011

ALL’s WELL that ……


END’s WELL …


Can you believe that I could do so much damage to my car in a 35 MPH zone? An old truck just stopped dead in front of me and I had no recourse but to hit it. It was three days before Christmas so you can imagine how thrilled I was with the whole scenario.

Of course I was the one who was ticketed since I was in the rear, and to add insult to injury I was not carrying Collision Insurance!! (Maybe not the smartest decision I’ve ever made but I’d gotten away with it for years so I guess I was ahead of the game.)

Anyway, the estimates to fix my car were about a thousand dollars more that I’d paid for it 8 months before so I called a salvage company and they bought it for $1,075 and hauled it away.

Now came the hard part…the search for an affordable car ! It seemed that every time we found something of interest it would be gone before we could get to it. There are many cars in the $6,000 and below range but one of my joys in life is driving and I just couldn’t get excited about anything I saw at that price.

I won’t bore you with the details but it was three weeks to the day before I found, and fell in love with, this 2001 Acura CL Coupe. It’s a year older than my other car and has 108,000 miles on it but those are small details in the overall picture. The wait is over and, “watch out world… I’m back on the road !!”

9 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Congrats on the new car. I dunno about who is said to be at fault. I once was able to stop in icy conditions, but the two cars behind me didn't. The second car hit me before the third car hit her. But the third car was the only one ticketed. I guess if you're going to ticket, they both should have been as it wasn't car 3 that pushed car 2 into me. Hmmm ... maybe an idea for a blog.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

I' m glad that you got a "new" car. And that you weren't hurt. Be careful.

6:33 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

Oh dear--I do know the general rule is if you hit someone, YOU are at fault. Never mind that they have done the dumbest of dumb things.
I have had a few minor accidents in my life, always feeling sheepish (and grateful) afterwards.
Enjoy the new (to you) wheels.
Drive safely!

3:51 AM  
Anonymous Alan G said...

Wow, nice looking new car Ginnie!

Glad you came out of the mishap safe and sound - other than nerves at least.

You sound a bit like me when it comes to cars, unlike most men who are more in tune with the mechanical aspects of an autombile, I am more into the cosmetics. When I see it - I know it! :)

4:01 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

ouch! Glad that you weren't harmed Ginnie. That newer car of yours is quite sporty looking! Happy traveling!
Love Di ♥

6:01 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Ouch for your poor car, Ginnie, but glad you were OK. Those new set of wheels are sure sporty looking. Good luck with it and hopefully this nasty winter weather will go away...soon.

6:25 PM  
Blogger tattytiara said...

Nice ride! I considered an Acura myself last time I was car shopping, and wish I'd gotten it.

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG are you alright? OMG.. what a worry.. what a gorgeous new car!
cazzie

10:35 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

Sorry about the wreck. If you like your Acura as much as my daughter likes hers, you'll be flying high, Ginnie.

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home