Thursday, December 30, 2010

The IVY takes off …


About three years ago I took this picture to send to my daughter to demonstrate the new colors that I had chosen for my living room. It also shows the large ivy plant that I hoped would continue to grow without much direct light.

I was told that a once-a-week watering was all that was required and I‘ve pretty much stuck to that. However, there were a few times over the years when I wasn’t home to take care of the plant and I thought it would surely be dead by the time I got back.

Luckily for me this never happened. That ivy plant has proved to be a sturdy survivor as I can attest to by this recent photo.


I sometimes wonder who the ultimate survivor will be …me or the ivy !!

5 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

That is pothos and it is fairly indestructible. I saw it growing in a bamboo forest in Hawaii, and the leaves were huge!

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Alan G said...

Wow - that looks to be quite a prolific spreader!

I noticed your couch right by it of course. I wouldn't advise taking any long naps on that couch - you might get gobbled up by that plant! lol

3:20 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I once knew a woman named Ivy Wall. The second picture made me think of that. :)

7:22 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

It might need trimming so it doesn't eat your couch!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Diana said...

It may be the Ivy!! I've had mine for over thirty years and it's still growing all over my kitchen! Good Luck with yours and Happy New Year!
Love Di ♥

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home