Tuesday, January 25, 2011

SAY WHAT ??



Here’s a little mental exercise to get the juices flowing. Six well known quotations or phrases have been reworded here. The meaning remains the same, however. Can you identify them?

1. A period of preeminence is passed through by all canines.

2. Prodigality is manufactured by precipitancy.

3. The sum total is sufficient, as is the termination date.

4. Tenants of vitreous abodes ought not to chuck lithoidal
fragments.

5. Every article which coruscates in not compounded from
aureate material.

6. Domestic fowl ought not be enumerated before nascence.


A perfect score of six correct answers will get you nothing but the satisfaction of a job well done !

1. “Every dog has his day”

2. “Haste makes waste”

3. “All’s well that end’s well”

4. “People who live in glass houses should not throw stones”

5. “All that glitters in not gold”

6. “Don’t count your chickens before they’re hatched.”

7 Comments:

Blogger KGMom said...

Oh, come on, Ginnie. It's been a tough day.
BUT--I did get most of them. Missed # 1 but once I got past that, smooth sailing.

I bet you would not be comforted, on your last blog post subject, if we had all said--The sum total is sufficient, as is the termination date!

4:51 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Very good! I won't tell you how I did - LOL.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

I got three of them! Good ones Ginnie.

1:08 PM  
Blogger possum said...

Oh, I am so disappointed you gave us the answers right away... I had most of them... but was still pondering one of them when I scrolled on down... there it was, the answer.
I did not know whether to feel smart having gotten all but one, or stupid not getting them all!

3:52 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Cute. Number Five was the stumper for me.

4:14 PM  
Blogger Chancy said...

I only got three right but I had some interesting guesses.
I love the Geiko commercial which is a take off on "Antiques Roadshow". the one about "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" but my favorite is the "Little Pig crying wee wee all the way home"

Reminds me of my car pooling days with a car full of children. :)

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Big John said...

I'm glad that you gave the answers as I will now be able to sleep tonight.

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home