Friday, March 03, 2017

Diversity ...

 
I wish I could say that this is a photo of three happy friends in the United States but no, this is Denmark.
 
Actually it is a celebratory photo taken at the Michelin award winning Danish restaurant Noma. Ali Sonko (on the right) a dishwasher and long time employee has now been made a co-partner of the restaurant along with the two other new partners. You can see how much they enjoy working together and isn't that how it should be?

It seems to be getting harder and harder to find this type of simple happiness now in our country. We seem to be heading back in the direction of the old white supremacy days and I find it very disheartening. Do we forget that we are a nation of immigrants? Do we close our hearts as well as our borders?

“My” United States is not one built on greed and polarization and I hope I live long enough to see it change back.





 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 



 


 



 

5 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

I hope you do too, Ginnie!

6:32 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I have some hope that this is the last gasp of the racist right, but I live in fear that they will find a way to subvert democracy.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I think we just don't hear enough stories like that and we need to. Thank you. We need to make kindness and caring fashionable, not hate which seems to get all the press.
I have hope since I am convinced there are way more of us than them.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

There may be more stories like this one out there, Ginnie, but unfortunately for all of us, they do not make the news headlines. Conflict and adversity seem to be more interesting topics to the media.

3:23 PM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

I'm quite sure you will see the day, Ginnie. Millions of people who were mislead or didn't vote will see the light and the American Dream will survive....

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home