Saturday, February 11, 2017

O. M. G.


I've heard it said that "one picture is worth ten thousand words" but even that many words could not express how I felt when I first looked at this "TIME" cover.  I do know that "warm" and "fuzzy" were not among them.
 
I guess it's true that Steve Bannon is actually "the great manipulator".  He has skillfully maneuvered himself into the #1 position of the new administration and when Trump signed the order giving Bannon a permanent seat on the Principals Committee of the National Security Council it placed him among the president's top foreign policy advisers too.
 
From what I've read about Bannon I can't figure how he remotely qualifies for any of this.  I also wonder how long it will take Trump to realize that the nickname "President Bannon" is being bandied about on the Web.  I doubt that Trump will be thrilled to realize that it could be Bannon's will and not his own that we will be following for the next 4 years.
 
Stay tuned ...
 
 
 
 
 

9 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

That photo is shocking! It's as if he was the elected silent partner of the other man. Not so silent any more however.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

The whole situation is even more surreal because it's really happening, Ginnie. But that Time cover photo is really eerie as Marie noted. (Thanks, also for the comment left on my Friday Funny post this week. I never looked up the product info, but was interested to read what you found out.)

11:57 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Well, I just swore, which isn't nice, so I am changing my comment. Anyway, what a ... oh there I go again.

12:04 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

The whole thing is disgusting; Trump, Bannon, Pence and the rest.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

That is one frightening man. And we thought Trump was scary.

4:52 PM  
Blogger possum said...

As I said in my Musings this morning, "... sadly… Trump signed an executive order removing the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the National Intelligence Director from the principals committee of the National Security Staff and added Steve Bannon, the former editor of Brietbart, in an executive order he never even read. He apparently did not know the details until the media began to cover it."
Apparently Bannon had been writing many of the Executive orders tRump had been signing, this was just one more... maybe like Radar used to do to Henry on MASH, remember?
I bet I used some of ac's deleted words when I first read about it.

Keep us posted Ginnie!

5:08 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

The more I read about Bannon, the more frightening it is to think that he is the driving force behind the President. And the most powerful man in government right now.

3:15 PM  
Blogger nacodoches said...

Third attempt to leave a message. Your ne sign out is difficult.

Bannon was the Naval officer who led the failed attempt to rescue the Iranian hostages and lost the helicopters and people in the desert. No claim to fame.

12:06 PM  
Blogger joared said...

His white nationalist connections are of great concern but would dovetail well for anyone following autocratic tactics.

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home