Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The Price Is Right ….??


Well, that's the name of the TV show but the prices never fail to boggle my mind. Recently the challenge was to guess the price for 3 pairs of Thom Browne sun glasses. Since I'd never heard the name I took a big stab on the high side and thought ...”$375”. WRONG ! The actual price was just shy of $1,600. WHAT … for 3 pairs of sunglasses? I couldn't believe it and it actually made me feel sick.

Remember the “trickle down theory? As I recall it was based on cutting back taxes on the rich so they could become even wealthier and then that wealth would trickle down to the masses. HA ! What a joke that was and look where we are today. There is an enormous amount of money floating around the globe but it's being grabbed and used by a very small percentage of the world's population and they sure aren't sharing it with us.

A rational mind would hope that our government would see our need and try to make changes that would help us. Just by deleting all the loopholes that the rich use would be a huge step forward. But, wait a minute … how does a President who surrounds himself with billionaires make this work? It's obvious that the White House is not to his liking and getting out of D. C. has become a weekly occurrence. Of course this means that the Secret Service has to cover him and his family and this flamboyant lifestyle is costing us, the taxpayers, millions . 

Although it's pretty obvious that I didn't vote for him I think I have the right, as a US citizen, to ask him to stay “home” and start governing, instead of band-standing. However, it's obvious that his cronies don't agree and his good friend Bannon really likes it this way...after all, “when the cat's away the mice can play”.




 


5 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

Usually when a practice doesn't work, it's changed. This trickle down economics won't change because the power is in the hands of the wealthy. Why would they want to change.? The fact that there are people among the masses who buy into it is shocking to me. Then again, he is not my president.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

If those billionaires just paid taxes it would help. Donald brags about not paying any tax for the past 18 years. Just smart he says.

7:02 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Lunch at A&W cost me almost $15 today -- for 1 (1 burger, i fry, 1 onion ring, 1 drink).

Not healthy, I know, but I decided to treat myself when the cat was away.

5:55 PM  
Blogger joared said...

I'm with you! I'm furious my tax money is being used for all his constant get-aways. News report today said he's already cost us this month, for security expense, etc. at all those places, what previous President took a year, I think it was, to incur.

12:36 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Not many folks realize that official vehicles have to be flown to Florida in another special plane, then there is the transportation and security to fly his wife and child to Florida, security for them when they are back in NYC, and security for each of his other kids wherever they decide to go to look after their or Daddy's business interests in the world.
So WHO pays for all this which runs over $500,000 a day?????

AND, as A P said, he pays NO taxes.

A friend said the other day that with what he costs our government, he is the world's biggest welfare queen ever!

Just sayin'.

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home