Sunday, October 07, 2012

No “Funky Chicken” music here…



It’s my son-in-law serenading the “ladies”. He’s combining his daily violin practice session with the chickens time out to roam. I doubt very much if the “Funky Chicken” was part of his repertoire since it would certainly be beneath the dignity of these two !


I took this picture in April when he, my daughter, their two dogs and three chickens were visiting with me. That sounds like a very full house but I love it when they visit. The animals are their “children” and, in lots of ways, they are much easier to baby sit than the other kind ! The dogs are very well trained and the chickens

…well, the chickens are what they are and they love foraging in the grass but it takes an eagle eye (or a soft tune on a violin) to keep them from scurrying off.

They have nothing to complain about, however. I had a nice coop constructed on the back of my house for them, (designed and built by my oldest son) and they showed their thanks by supplying me with eggs daily .



It was a win-win situation and fun too !

11 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

This probably sounds crazy Ginnie but I've always wanted chickens. Some of them are quite beautiful!
Love that your SIL serenades them, how sweet is that?!
Love Di ♥

11:46 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Too bad the chicken couldn't stay a little longer, Ginnie, because there is nothing like fresh eggs for breakfast.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I love him serenading the chickens.

6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo Ginnie,
I would like to contact you directly via email. Is it possible?

6:56 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Oh what a fun post! I remember when you had that coop built.
Thanks for a smile this morning. I needed it!

7:04 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

I've never once had chickens visit! I'm glad they gave you fresh eggs. And they are indeed very pretty hens.

8:13 AM  
Blogger ellen said...

Visiting chickens! How delightful.

8:58 AM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

To anonymous: If you go to the front page with my full profile I think you'll be able to click on my email.

11:30 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

I would love to have fresh eggs every day!!

6:21 PM  
Anonymous Web Design Company Jaipur said...

I have been surfing online more than 3 hours these days, yet I by no means found any attention-grabbing article like yours. It is beautiful value enough for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will probably be a lot more useful than ever before.

11:34 PM  
Anonymous schmidleysscribblins,wordpress.com said...

I hope your SIL saw the article in the NYTimes on lead in backyard chicken eggs. Kids need testing to make sure they are okay. Dianne

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home