Friday, August 31, 2012

Another front yard garden …



As first glance this could be a cottage in the English countryside. But, no, its actually my sister and her husband’s home on Cape Cod, Massachusetts.

When they bought the property it had a wonderful location but was basically a one-level ranch house. This didn’t curb their enthusiasm however because they envisioned an “English” garden behind a white picket fence and proceeded to make it all come true !



My brother-in-law is the landscape artist and he’s spent thousands of hours joyfully among his plantings. It’s basically a matter of maintenance now but he doesn’t have too much time for that since he spends much of his day with my sister at the Nursing Home where she stays. Luckily it’s in the same town and they do get her home every so often…



… where she has this lovely path to welcome her !

10 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

Oh that is so beautiful Ginnie! I sure wish my hubby had an interest in gardening but alas he has none!!
The good news is he really loves my yard work and thoroughly enjoys admiring my hard work.
I am sure that your sister enjoys her husbands work as well. It's good to hear that she can come home from time to time to enjoy the view.
Love Di ♥

5:43 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

I love an English garden. I don't have the white picket fence, but I do have something of the wild array of flowers.

8:51 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

It is beautiful and it puts most yards to shame (especially mine).

7:48 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Lovely to see this garden and read about the hours put into it, but sad to learn that your sister cannot enjoy it every day. Glad she is able to spend some time enjoying its beauty.

8:01 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

What a fantastic job. There's nothing like an English garden.

5:14 AM  
Anonymous schmidleysscribblins,wordpress.com said...

I am so envious of those New Englanders and their perfect climate for growing perennials. Not for nothing is it called New ENGLAND. Dianne

6:48 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Oh how BEAUTIFUL! I am all inspired, now... but too tired to do anything else.
2 more weeks and the camellias will start to bloom! Guess that's the only thing he doesn't have, camellias.
Thanks for sharing.
(I wanna go there!)

2:59 PM  
Anonymous Big John said...

As an Englishman I'm not too sure how "English" it all looks. A lttle too well groomed maybe, but as we say over here ... "It's bloom'n luvverly". :-)

6:56 AM  
Blogger joared said...

What a lovely garden. I hope his wife is able to enjoy her visits home to visit.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

We did the English garden here as well. A potpourri of plants all along the walk way. Thanks for sharing this one. I was wondering what plants he uses. Probably those hardly for MA but I am curious.

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home