Wednesday, January 11, 2012

From Wellington, New Zealand to Vass, North Carolina


Some of you may remember this picture from my June 2nd, 2011 blog. I wrote then about my late and dear friend Jimmi G. and the store that she had in Manhattan in the 60’s that she named “Fur Flyers”.

Now fast forward to a few days ago and share with me the joy that I felt when I received the following email:

“Hello Ginnie:

This is John, Jimmi’s son, (writing from Wellington, New Zealand). My cousin found your post …about Fur Flyers and my mother. She forwarded it to me (as well as about 20 other family members) just a day or two before Thanksgiving.

It was such a wonderful treat and blessing to read your fond remembrances of my mother and her many endeavors. We all enjoyed it more than turkey with stuffing (especially her sister!). So, we all owe you an enormous debt of gratitude for that. The Internet is truly an amazing tool, if that is even adequate to describe such a special moment of serendipity and unexpected levity.

I can only hope someday I am able to reach across time and come back to life in the same way you brought my mom back to us.

Thanks again. With sincerest gratitude, John”


Isn’t that wonderful? It’s just another example of the wonders of blogging and why I love it so.

9 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

That was a great email! I imagine that it made your day Ginnie!
Love Di ♥

5:17 AM  
Anonymous schmidleysscribblins,wordpress.com said...

What a wonderful encounter. I do remember that blog. I am so happy to hear you had a positive response from her son.

After I wrote about my great-great granmdmother, long-lost distant cousins found me too. Can't say the encounter was quite as nice. After they asked me to share everything I knew about a common ancester, but didn't like what I shared with them, although it was based on research by a great aunt we had in common. Go figure as the kids say.
Dianne

5:55 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

That is really great, Ginnie. I can find just about anything on the internet. It is a good thing for the most part!

7:37 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

How great that they happened to find your post and then follow it up.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

This post shows that good things can come from Internet use in a good way, Ginnie. Glad That Jimmi's son took the time to let you know how many fond memories your post aroused. Thanks for sharing the follow-up.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

What a lovely bonus to writing a blog. The world is a small place with more Internet connections than we can imagine.

3:27 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

Ginnie, that's wonderful!! I know that made you feel terrific!

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Make $1,000's Weekly with a Health Internet Business of Your Very Own

Now get a complete fully-operational "Health eBiz" in a box!

This amazing site:

* Closes sales automatically for you!

* Has a complete electronic sales manager that makes all upsells for you!

* Collects subscribers and leads automatically!

* Contains a complete "health e-Mall!"

* Contains up to 90 additional income streams!

* Contains several powerful videos!

Has a "live" spokesmodel that walks out onto your visitors' screens and closes up to 396% MORE sales for you!

Includes complete professional set-up by Expert Web Development & Programming Team!

This NEW "Health Biz In a Box" complete and fully-operational website allows you to make all the cash you want from a fully-operational automatic cash-generating web business!

Read how it works here:

=> best affiliate website

But rumor has it there may be a ceiling on the number of these Internet "health-biz" sites being given out in order to avoid everyone having one and risking market saturation.

Join the ranks of these people above and read how it works by going to:

=> best affiliate website

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wassup goldendaze-ginnie.blogspot.com owner discovered your site via Google but it was hard to find and I see you could have more visitors because there are not so many comments yet. I have discovered site which offer to dramatically increase traffic to your website http://bestwebtrafficservice.com they claim they managed to get close to 1000 visitors/day using their services you could also get lot more targeted traffic from search engines as you have now. I used their services and got significantly more visitors to my site. Hope this helps :) They offer most cost effective services to increase website traffic Take care. Mike

12:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home