Thursday, December 29, 2011

SIMPLE PLEASURES for 2012 !

( Some of you will note that I’ve already posted this once; but since it so aptly expresses my hopes for the New Year I’ve decided to repeat it here …)



"Knock, knock”…. “Who’s there?”… “Apple”…. “Apple Who?”

“Knock, knock”…. “Who’s there?”… “Apple”…. “Apple Who?”

“Knock, knock”…. “Who’s there?”… “Orange”…. “Orange Who?”

“Orange you glad I didn’t say Apple again?

*********************************************************

Now, that’s about as simple as it gets! But just look at the joy that it gives to this happy little girl. She revels in the fact that she’s been so clever and howls with delight.

The older I get the more I wish I could go back to that time of my life. I’ve just about had it with this crazy world of ours, where greed reigns supreme. I can’t imagine growing up in this atmosphere.

I know that I can’t change the world but I can certainly try to improve my small part in it so I’ve decided to cut out all the “stuff” that has been running my life...all those extras that I thought I couldn‘t live without. I find it very liberating. The more I cut back, the greater freedom I feel ... an exhilarating experience.

So, here’s the plan for me from now on ...to live simply and to take each day as it comes. To share what I have with others and, above all, to be thankful for what I have.

Oh, yes… and to keep on being silly… “Knock, knock” ... “Who’s there? ... “Repeat” ...“Repeat who?” ... “Who, who, who.”

10 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie Jacobs said...

Orange you clever! Have a happy un-"stuff"-ed new year!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Good for you, Ginny. What good are things that you don't use or that don't add something to your life?

5:54 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I missed it the first time and am so happy you decided to repeat.
We all need to do just that.

3:37 AM  
Anonymous schmidleysscribblins,wordpress.com said...

Children's faces looking up...what a wonderful post Ginnie. Happy New Year to you. Dianne

7:09 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Ginnie, your thoughts about less stuff and living a simpler life are just what I've been thinking about the past few weeks as I've started donating whenever I have a small pile of stuff. It is indeed a liberating feeling. All the best to you in the coming New Year!

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Big John said...

Good plan Ginnie. I'll go along with that.
Happy New Year.

5:09 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Funny you should talk about lightening the lad... I have been doing that very thing for the last couple months. Guess it is an age/ phase thing - for years most of us spend time accumulating - then our eyes open and we see things differently.
I also wonder why so many folks lose their innocent sense of silliness? Maybe that is why I love being around kids so much... their ability to be silly (and not thought to be nuts or idiots!)

6:35 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

I know that I am grateful, but I do need to share more easily and often. Happy New Year, Ginnie!!

12:33 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

I agree. I am in the land of excess on this visit to Florida. I cannot wait to get home.

1:32 PM  
Blogger ellen said...

Oh, Ginnie..yes and yes and yes.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home