Thursday, January 19, 2012

A musical “MAN CAVE” …





Isn’t this a great room? It’s my middle son’s music room and I’ve always thought that it was a big factor in why he chose to buy the house that he did. This is part of the very large garage and workshop that he’s converted into this dream space… complete with sound proof walls ! The picture shows him on the guitar and the fanciful painted drum set belongs to my oldest son.

One definition of a “man cave” is that it recreates some of the space and freedom of bachelor days … maybe like a college dorm room where people could come and go as if they owned the place. It’s also where a man doesn't have to be on his best behavior and usually is devoid of females.

Tuesday nights find the band … all “boys” in their 50’s … practicing and playing to their hearts delight. It also includes a fabulous female singer so, in actuality, it’s doesn’t match the definition for “man cave”.

The other big attraction in the music room is the Fooz table that
vies for their attention. There is a constant competition going on and my daughter is often the winner … once again proving that this specific “man cave” includes the ladies, too. Whatever it’s called it’s a wonderful haven and a great break from the stresses of everyday life.

7 Comments:

Anonymous schmidleysscribblins,wordpress.com said...

Looks like a place to have fun. Thanks for explaining Man Cave. I had no idea what it was. Dianne

9:50 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That's cool for him to have a space like that for his interests and socializing.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Once I read the words, "sound proof" I have to agree it is perfect.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Ginnie, your son knows how to still enjoy the boy in him and his music as well.

7:20 PM  
Blogger possum said...

Hmmmm, now if only my neighbor down the street had one of these. He uses his garage with the doors open, sigh. I can live with the drums, but the guitar practice as he tries to see how high it shreiks makes me forget I believe in non-violence.
Bless your son for going the sound-proof route.

1:21 PM  
Blogger ellen said...

Oh, for Heaven sake, I was going to say "COOL", but I see that it is already taken!!
Cool, fun and fantastic.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

A great space. I like the idea of having a music room. It looks like a cool bar to me.

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home