Friday, June 21, 2019

A crystal ball into the future

While searching my blog entries today I came across this one that I posted in July of 2011. I repeat it word for word today because I can't get over how eerily apocalyptic it was and I repeat the last line … I pray it's not too late.

This is not my usual type of entry but bear with me … I am so fed up and frustrated that I just have to get this off my chest.

So many of us voted for change in 2008 and we were thrilled to have Obama elected. The first two years were a challenge but, little by little we could see progress. Maybe…just maybe… the powers that be would listen to the middle class … maybe we’d have a chance for survival.

And then came the mid-term elections and we, who had elected Obama, COMPLETELY LET HIM DOWN. We failed to come out in droves, like we did when he ran in 2008, and the result is what we have today … a completely divided Washington and a bunch of fanatical right wingers who tell us lies and are determined to undermine every single proposal put forth by the Democrats… or even their own more moderate party members.

Whatever happened to Statesmanship? When did compromise become a dirty word? We are now being held hostage by a completely self-absorbed bunch of Tea Party Republicans and we have NOONE TO BLAME BUT OURSELVES !

I have no idea how this fiasco will unfold but I hope that we’ve learned a powerful lesson...and I pray it's not too late.

5 Comments:

Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I know exactly how you were feeling then and see the repeat now. Our checks and balances are often too effective.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

The fiasco hasn't unfolded too well.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

So appropriate for today!

We have an election later this year. I fear for the results!

12:41 PM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

and then, unimaginably it got even worse...:(

6:43 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It’s strangely ironic, and sometimes unfortunate, that history repeats itself...and not always in good ways.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home