Thursday, May 16, 2019

My all-time favorite movie


If you have not seen “Enchanted April” you are in for a treat. It never fails to lift my spirits and I find it a much needed antidote to all the hatred and underhanded business that we are living through right now.

Set in the 1920's “Enchanted April” is the story of 4 women from London who join their resources in order to rent a villa in Italy for the month of April. The women leave a cold and drizzly London and find themselves at a dark and foreboding Villa. They are dismayed to see that it is raining there too.

I love the scene that follows. It is the next morning and we are in the bedroom of one of the girls. She goes to the window and slowly opens the heavy wooden shutters. All of a sudden the room is infused with sunlight and we look out on a view that stretches for miles and ends at the water line below.

This is just the first of the magical moments that make up this gem of a film. I truly did not want it to end and won't give away the plot because you deserve to experience it on your own. The film premiered 28 years ago and chances are you may have seen it but, if not, take it from me that it will
lift your spirits too.

6 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

I would like to see this movie. There is so much junk out there today.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I feel like I have seen it but maybe not.

3:23 PM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

These memorable kinds of movies are becoming very rare in todays plethora of junk...:(

6:17 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes, I have also seen this film but so many years ago and will have to look it up again. I also enjoyed Ladies in Lavender and would recommend that one.

10:16 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

I've never even heard of it, much less see it. I looked it up and it used to be on Netflix but is not anymore. I'll check our library for the DVD.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Joared said...

I agree, this was a delightful movie. I rarely watch movies twice, but it’s been so long since I’ve seen it I probably would enjoy it again. So few movies any more that I enjoy. Whatever happened to movies with intelligent dialogue?

3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home