Friday, March 29, 2019

STARworks ... glass blowing

Crystal  Heliconious

I spent the afternoon at this lovely spot in Star, North Carolina today with two friends.  It is a many facetted business set up in what used to be a Fruit of the Loom plant many years ago.  They have a huge showroom with all sorts of glass blown items on show and you can actually watch as they blow them.   We has a good conversation with Joe Grant,the STARworks Glass Director, also.  


He is the creator of the beautiful Glass and Metal butterfly wings that you see above and these others.
If you ever get to Star, North Carolina be sure to visit here. You won't be disappointed.










7 Comments:

Blogger Joared said...

Those glass pieces are lovely. I've delighted in watching glass blowers at work -- fascinating.

1:58 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

They are quite arty and not usually what I think of about glass blowing.

4:43 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I enjoy watching glass blowers but never saw them make any thing so lovely.

7:54 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

I am amazed by the delicacy and beauty of blown-glass objects. We have several artists here in the mountains and I do love to see their work.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

A comment from my friend Possum:

"How cool that you got to go to see glass workers! It is amazing, isn't it?
I was so lucky to get to go to the Murano Glass Works in Venice, Italy, years ago. I watched the guy make a beautiful glass horse in a matter of minutes. Soooo amazing! One of my little treasures!
Thanks for sharing, Ginnie!"

11:17 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We have been to a couple of glass blowing places on our travels. It's always such an amazing place to visit.

6:09 PM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

There is something about this skill that absolutely fascinates me.... even for hours..:)

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home