Friday, November 30, 2018

**** BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY ****


Last night my son treated me to the movie “Bohemian Rhapsody” and I loved it. As most of you probably know it is the intriguing true story of the musical group Queen and their love/hate relationship with Freddie Mercury, their lead singer and one of the most beloved entertainers to ever go on stage. Unexpectedly Eddie decides to go solo and it leaves the remaining members angry while it takes him to dark places that will eventually be his downfall.
Freddie decides to leave that all behind and manages to reunite with his band mates just in time for the 1985 Live Aid worldwide rock concert that has been organized to raise money for the relief of famine-stricken Africans. Freddie has just found that he has AIDS but is still able to lead the band in the greatest performances of his life.
The movie ends with their performance at the Wembley Stadium in London and you can tell by the picture how much they enjoyed it.
This was a global concert linked by Satellite to more than a billion viewers in 110 nations and it raised more than $125 million in famine relief for Africa. If you look closely at the audience you will see it is filled with people of all shapes, colors and ethnicities… just a huge amount of people from all over the globe being lovingly brought together with the magic of music.                     

****************************************************************************************************
PS: I don't like that only Google members can post on my blog. If you want to leave a comment feel free to email it to  me at snowflakesnew@gmail.com & I  will post it.



6 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

This is a movie that we will likely go to see. Assuming that it stays in our memory banks before they pull it.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

I loved the movie though it was not accurate in the details. The performances were excellent!

5:24 PM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I'll have to wait for the DVD but I did see a documentary about Freddie Mercury a while back and it was amazing. Love their music.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to it!

5:34 PM  
Blogger gemma said...

I loved the movie as well. My husband has always been a great fan of the band and I know some of the songs and because, if a concert is on TV my husband will have it on, I had seen Freddie. As far as I was concerned that young actor nailed it. He was/is Freddie. I came home and googled and youtubed and sure enough, he was Freddie. Just a great show and one I could watch again.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home