Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Trump on “60 Minutes”


I was very surprised to hear that Trump had agreed to an interview on "60 Minutes".  He must have surmised that his personal charisma would carry the day but this was not a rally, filled with his base.  This was prime time TV with the very adept Lesley Stahl asking the questions and I was interested to see how it would play out.

I found that it was vintage Trump … filled with his usual hubris and overblown images of his presidency.  He didn't even try to play to this "other" audience.  He was obviously winging it and these are a few of the ridiculous claims that he made.

*  asked about life in politics he said, " I used to say the toughest people are Manhattan real estate guys and blah, blah.  Now I say they are babies.  This is the most deceptive, vicious world full of lies, deceit and deception".  

The irony of that last statement is unbelievable !

*  pressed about Climate Change he stated, "You'd have to show me the scientists because they have a very big political agenda".  

*  on his mocking Kavanaugh accuser Dr. Ford at his Mississippi rally he said, "You know what?  I'm not going to get into it because we won.  It doesn't matter.  We won."

*  his answer after Lesley Stahl pointed out he'd declared his love for Kim Jong Un despite the man's cruel history of repression, starvation and reports of assassinations and slave labor.  "Sure I  know all these things." said Trump  "I mean I'm not a baby. I know these things."

To say that the interview was bizarre is being kind.  I found it down right ludicrous and, on the off chance that I may be accused of "fake journalism" I am happy to say that the entire "60 Minute" interview is on video for anyone to see.








6 Comments:

Blogger possum said...

I missed the first half of the interview- football was on so I went to PBS until 8 PM- and to tell you the truth, I don't think I missed much. It was still the same old BS, sad to say. I will take your word for whatever he said, Ginnie- much nicer than actually listening to that voice I have learned to hate hearing those words that are so embarrassing.
We have a neighbor from Europe who once said we Americans think we are so great but one day we will feel humiliation and not think we are so hot.. Not long ago she asked me how it felt to have such a jackass for president. "And you thought Bush was bad! What is wrong with your country?"
All I could say was that I didn't vote for him!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

I cannot watch that man in an interview. I don’t know how I’d handle it if we had a prime minister like him.

5:27 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I can't stomach watching him so I didn't but I got enough of the sound bites to make me realize we have a sick man at the helm.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

When he says he's not a baby ...

3:34 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

It was equally surprising that 60 minutes asked him for an interview and that he agreed to appear on CBS. I agree that he was just as disgusting as ever. Definitely not POTUS material. The man has no respect for the office nor for this country. Once again he showed himself to be a lying, arrogant jerk.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Joared said...

His statements were ludicrous as might have been expected. What is so amazing, disappointing and alarming to me is that so many people can listen acceptingly to his words without questioning. We had one country in our lifetimes whose people got snookered by a despot. I never thought it could occur here and hope it doesn’t. Please vote all this away people.

2:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home