Friday, October 12, 2018

He's come undone ...



Lindsey Graham and his good friend John McCain, December 2015. Lindsey stated then, “You know how you make America great again? Tell Donald Trump to go to hell” . He followed that with calling Trump “the world's biggest jackass” and continuing: “If we nominate Trump we will be destroyed” referring to the Republican Party's prospects in 2016



BUT … to the surprise of many, Trump WAS elected President and Lindsey quickly changed his tune . He has become Trumps new best friend and they spend hours playing golf where Graham has a chance to learn how to mimic the low down, swampy words and tactics of his new hero. He went from having a close relationship with the late John McCain (which, by association, afforded him an image of partisanship and sensibility) to manic displays of anger that reached a boiling point last week. Poor McCain must be turning over in his grave.

I am not taking sides on the “Dr. Ford and Brett Kavanagh drama”. I am simply stating Lindsey Graham's reaction to it all. He seemed to become unhinged during the hearings and the vitriol that spewed from his mouth was mind boggling. I thought it couldn't get any worse until it did !

After the Senate voted to confirm Kavanaugh  a jubilant Lindsey was asked if he thought that assault survivors would be more reluctant to come forward now. He didn't answer the question directly but said that he felt Justice Kavanaugh had been treated well by the Judicial Senate Committee and added, "I think the roles were reversed. The slut whore drunk was Kavanaugh". (a not so thinly veiled comment painting the “slut whore drunk”, by reversal, as being Dr. Ford.)

Such classy comments Lindsey. You've really shown your true colors. Those deep seeded hatreds that have been simmering under the surface are coming out. It makes me wonder what else is hidden in the deep recesses of your sick mind and what we will be blind-sided with next. God help us all !










6 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

It’s all about money! He was bought off! He has no principles from what I can see. A man who likes power and the money which will keep it!

5:38 PM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

Such a shame that a previously reasonable man should have sipped so deeply from Trump's Kool-Aid. He is definitely a Trump toadie now.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

There was a time when I thought Graham was a reasonable man on the order of McCain. The unhinging at the hearing really made me change my mind.

1:07 PM  
Blogger possum said...

What a great disappointment!
Stupid me, I thought he was a voice of reason in a party I once claimed as mine, but abandoned as I grew up and realized I had different standards. How I could have thought Lindsey Graham might have those standards, too is now beyond me!
Like so many others in the GOP, he has become an embarrassment.
Yes, McCain is rolling over in his grave.

5:10 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

I as appalled at seeing his vitriol so readily displayed!! He should be voted out!!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Joared said...

Some people sell their soul for whatever the reasons.

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home