Wednesday, September 12, 2018

In the eye of the storm ...????


It's Wednesday afternoon as I write this and everyone in my area is preparing for the onslaught of  Florence … the hurricane that experts say could be the worst storm to ever hit the U.S. North of Florida.  If you look at the diagram above I am located right at the rim of where the solid white meets the gray spot encircled by a white line.  Of course it changes all the time but for right now it's a pretty scary scenario.

I actually had to go to 3 gas stations yesterday to find one that had not run out.  So I filled the tank and stocked up on canned goods, bottled water and batteries.   Of course I also brought everything on the deck and the front porch into the house and I have a cozy area set up in a small closet where I feel pretty safe. Oh, and I'm also filling up buckets of water … you can never have too much in a situation like this.

There's been some talk that the storm is changing its' predicted route so it may not be as bad in my area but, of course that just means that someone else will suffer more than me and that is no consolation.   Hopefully when I post my next blog entry I will be able to give you a follow-up.  Until then ……….fingers crossed.

6 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I read that it's been downgraded, but I don't know if that's just about wind speed or if it includes precipitation. In any case, I wish you well.

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will be thinking of you Ginnie. Warmest wishes for you. Hugs.

7:45 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Finally taking a minute from my preparations to check your blog... wondering what kind of rainfall you will get. They just opened my road back up- it was closed from the rain from Gordon. Now we are getting ready for Florence.
Take care! Sounds like you have it all under control!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Do stay safe and hope your power stays on. Got everything crossed for you.
I always hated the long waits and especially those slow moving storms. Cash helps also for when the power goes off, cards don't work.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You certainly seem to have prepared as much as possible, but then you never know what will happen with storms such as Florence. Hope that you and your home will be safe, Ginnie.

2:17 PM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

We were extremely lucky. Early predictions were for 10-20 inches of rain. As time passed and the storm moved more north, we actually got only 5 inches. I hope you are well.

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home