Thursday, May 03, 2018

A nostalgic look back ...



In 2007 I posted a nostalgic article about my one and only enchanted evening spent at the famous
Totem Pole ballroom in Massachusetts.   I had fun re-living that night as I wrote about it, but I had no idea how many others would share their experiences with me.  In the eleven years since then I've received an amazing amount of comments and just yesterday I received this from Missy:  

Hello, I am too young to remember the Totem Pole but my friend who is 90yrs old told me so many wonderful stories. I googled but I am not able to find any pictures. Can someone help me out? I would love to frame it for him and his wife. 

I decided I'd put her challenge out to you ... the blogger world... to see if anyone can help her.  I am going to send you back to my original 2007 post and please take time to read all the comments.  The writers share, In heartfelt and poignant words, their recollections of a simpler time.  Missy's comment is at the end and you can contact her if you have any ideas for her. 

Just click here:  http://goldendaze-ginnie.blogspot.com/2007/06/1951-dancing-at-totem-pole-ballroom.html

3 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

Good luck!

4:53 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

What a lovely post that was. I can almost see the ghosts. Hope Missie gets some leads.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

How nice that a memory from your past, also evokes a memorable experience from others, Ginnie.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home