Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Credit where it's due … Senator Thom Tillis (R) of NC..

Senator Tillis: Since April of 2017 you and Senator Burr have been the recipient of over 30 letters from me. I have not been shy when expressing my dismay with the GOP and the way our country is being run. However, I now find myself in the pleasant position of commending you.

I strongly believe that the fate of our country depends on bipartisanship and that is only possible with compromises being made between right and left. Your lead sponsorship of a bill that will protect Special Counsel Robert Mueller from being fired is an example of the courage it takes to stand up for what you believe. Your answer to those who chastise you for not blindly standing behind whatever our President proposes is classic … “spare me your righteous indignation” you said, pointing out the hypocrisy of their complaint.

As a North Carolinian I commend you and I hope that our other NC GOP Senator (Richard Burr) will have the backbone to support the bill also.  

(UPDATE)  Speaking of backbone, the day after I posted this Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell made this statement:  "I'm the one who decides what we take to the floor, that's my responsibility as the majority leader and we will not be having this on the floor of the Senate"  

4 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That McConnell character seems despicable.

2:13 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

Unbelievable!

6:03 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Aww crap, finally he shows some sense then the blind roadblock. At least you likely helped to guide Mr. Tillis and glad you gave him a pat on the back. Ky now needs to work on McConnell. The the pen is a powerful tool.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Linda P. said...

I also write such thank you notes, even when it sticks in my craw a little to do so.

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home