Sunday, March 25, 2018

A MUST SEE documentary...


About 5 weeks ago I watched “Trumping Democracy” a documentary that was published in 11/17. I was literally shocked by what I was viewing and I wondered why I had heard nothing about it in the news. Surely, if this were true, it would be something that we all needed to know.

In great detail the documentary described how a multi-billionaire named Mercer came up with the idea of illegally gathering pertinent facts from Facebook accounts and using the info to sway voters in National elections. I had never heard his name and knew nothing about his company, Cambridge Analytica. However, another company that he owned was Breitbart News and that name was very familiar to me. Steve Bannon was part of Breitbart also and Mr. Mercer was instrumental in getting him involved in Trump's campaign and eventual presidency.

The news about Cambridge Analytica is finally seeing the light of day but I find the newscasts very complicated and hard to follow. I am so glad that I saw the documentary because it demonstrated, in factual detail, how all of this was accomplished.   Fascinating … yes, but frightening also.  An example of politics at it's worst and how it affects us as a nation and in the eyes of the world.


4 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

It is scary have a few wealthy people are in control of the world, Ginnie. Let’s hope knowledge make the difference this November.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I do FB, but it has become something other than what it should have been.

4:34 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Did not know the connection of Cambridge and Breitbart. One was scary--both really frightening.

10:23 AM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

Could we expect any less from the wealthy supporters of a scam artist???

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home