Friday, February 23, 2018

NPR's “1A “ hosted by Joshua Johnson

One year ago Diane Rehm retired and her popular NPR morning radio show was replaced by “1A” … hosted by Joshua Johnson, (a name unknown to me). I thought I'd give it a try and I am so glad I did. The show is broadcast from Washington, DC and is 2 one hour segments back to back. In my area they air from 10 am to noon.
Joshua's topics are extremely varied and run the gamut from movie reviews to medical research to just about anything that's worthy of a good discussion and each Friday is devoted to that weeks news roundup.
One thing that I really like is that he includes the views of his listening audience as well as having hand picked guests. Over the past year I've actually had two of my emails read on the show so I can attest to that.
I am constantly amazed at the depth and knowledge that Joshua displays. He's either extremely well informed or he has a very thorough research process for the topics that he introduces. In typical NPR style his show does not tell you how to think. It simply presents each topic in a fair and well balanced manner and you take it from there. If you haven't listened to him yet I hope you will give it a try


 
 

 

 




 
 
 
 

2 Comments:

Blogger troutbirder said...

Good to hear about this. I for one believe the meaning of the words "fair and balanced has been badly misused in recent years....

4:42 PM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

Sounds good, Ginnie.

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home