Sunday, January 14, 2018

Can you guess what this is?


It's one of those fabulous Bing photos. I loved it but had no idea where, or what, it was. My first thought was that it's obviously something cold … maybe a lovely winter scene somewhere … bare branches with drifts of snow on a frozen pond.

 
Or, maybe it's a child's school project. You know the kind ... where they use a mirror and cotton puffs to simulate a setting for “Swan Lake”. No, it's none of these and it's far from being cold.

 
These are salt formations in the Dead Sea in Israel where the surface temperatures can reach over 90 degrees F. !! Another interesting fact is that the water at the bottom of the sea is called fossilized water because it is so heavy and hasn't moved for thousands of years.

Just another example of our amazing world.

4 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

Gorgeous! I never would have guessed it.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I, for one, wouldn't have guessed.

4:23 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Coulda fooled me!
I bet it was snow and melted snow flooding someplace.
Ya got me.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

My guess would have been cotton growing, but of course I would have been wrong!

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home