Friday, March 30, 2018

Artist's block ... writer's block


They are one and the same and this self-portrait by Norman Rockwell shows that even the most prolific of artists will hit a wall once in a while.  It depicts him approaching a deadline with no idea in mind ... so he used that as his theme and it became the October 1938 cover of the "Saturday Evening Post". 
 
I'm taking my cue from Mr. Rockwell and using the "writer's block" that is plaguing me lately as my topic for this post.  As most of you know my blog is actually made up of little vignettes of a lifetime of memories and of current things that I want to share with you.  That's my format and it works well except for times like this when my mind goes blank. 
 
I'm pretty sure that some of you have experienced the same thing and I'd be interested to hear how you've handled it.  I want to keep my blog going and I really like the format but I also don't want to fill my pages with mindless blue sky ... so I guess I'll give it a few days and see what pops up.   At the very least it's a great mental exercise and I can certainly use that !
 
 
 






5 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

AFter many years it must not be easy to think of more memories. And current events can be distasteful, but you have done some good ones along that line.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Time usually works for me. Loved the idea that even Norman was sometimes stumped. Makes us realize it is just a temporary thing.

8:42 AM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

I just go browsing in long ago picture albums and my vast collection of digital photos I've taken and filed on the computer. They often dredged up a memory of past times, places and people...

5:20 PM  
Blogger SusanG. said...

Go to some local FB pages and see what people are complaining about.

5:12 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I have the same issues at times, Ginnie, and for awhile now have though about not continuing to blog as sometimes it's difficult to keep current with what everyone else is posting and to think of a new topic for myself. So, I then sit back and think about it and then return. Lately, I have started keeping a small notebook of ideas for future blogs.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home