Tuesday, April 03, 2018

All hail to the dictator .....

A year ago I decided to start a writing campaign to our two North Carolina Senators ... Richard Burr and Thom Tillis, both Republicans.  I realized that I would have little effect on what they stood for and how they voted but at least it made me feel like I was exercising my rights as a citizen and vocalizing my concerns. So far I've sent 29 emails to them.

Basically I've shared these emails with my immediate family but I feel compelled to share the one I wrote today with my blogger family too.  Here goes:
*********************************************************************************

Senators Burr & Tillis: It becomes clearer with each passing day that President Trump is more concerned with his own personal wishes than in considering or acting upon those things that most affect the country as a whole. His narcissistic need for LOYALTY (not to the ideals of the Constitution but, literally, to himself) is ludicrous. He is demanding loyalty from all of you and wants to know how far you’ll be willing to go to protect him, no matter what you’ll have to justify or how unprincipled you’ll have to be in order to do it. Can you, or the GOP, honestly justify this?

I've read that the new appointees that he is bringing on board will need to sign a loyalty oath (to HIM) and, if that is true, we might as well forget that he is President and change his status to Dictator, on a par with his good buddy Putin. If this happens we can all thank you and the rest of the spineless Republicans who put their own "needs" ahead of the real needs of our country.

**********************************************************************************
 

5 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

Way to go, Ginnie. I cannot understand how that man has any support but power corrupts comes to mind.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

The GOP are weak, sycophantic enablers. One might call them cowards. Keep fighting the fight.

4:47 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Well said Ginnie and I hope well listened to. That man is out of control.

1:08 PM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

Hitler made the German Wehrmacht make a similar pledge of loyalty to him personally before the war...:(

2:01 PM  
Blogger possum said...

BRAVO, BRAVO, Ginnie.
Can't they see their days are numbered?
And now the folks in agriculture are about to be screwed by the Rump... as will the rest of the deplorables who identified with the nasty mouth and rantings of the Fool on the Hill.
If China decides to add chicken to their list of retaliation tariffs - we are screwed here on the shore.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home