Sunday, April 02, 2017

Spring is ...



When my little girl was five I was inspired to write those words …

             Spring is when your little girl wears pinafores,
             When hopes are reborn and the rent is paid on time.

             Spring is feeling ten feet tall and brand new,
             A fairyland of green on green, where all things are
             possible
.


I can't believe that she will be 56 this October but she still inspires me.  This is one of my favorite pictures:
 


5 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I call it spring when the sun hits my computer in the morning. It just touched an edge this morning. We are almost there. There's a big rain coming tomorrow which will hopefully wash away most of the remaining snow. I will write no poems though.

5:09 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

Beautiful words. Love you poem, Ginnie. We can learn so much from our children! Our daughter is beautiful!

7:36 AM  
Blogger Teri said...

Love your poem, Ginnie. I know it's Spring when I'm tired of chopping vegetables for soup because up until that point, I consider it very meditative. Oh, and also the dog starts shedding A LOT. Love you!

6:14 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Love your poem, Ginnie. I know it's spring when I'm tired of chopping vegetables for soup because until that point I find it very meditative. Oh, and also the dog sheds...A LOT! Love you!

6:16 PM  
Blogger possum said...

What a sweet picture! It tells a lot!

Spring here is when I can unplug the heat in the greenhouse and pull the plants out.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home