Saturday, March 18, 2017

What a fiasco…


Here is a picture of my little house (circa 1902) and, if you look closely you can see the unattractive but necessary wires that the electric company stretches from pole to pole above and in front of my house.
 
I tell you this as a lead in to the fiasco that has struck me since Wednesday of this week. Periodically Duke Energy hires a tree cutting company to cut back the limbs of trees that get too close to their wires and they were at it this week. Here is a picture of my front yard as they were working and before the clean-up:
 
 

So far, so good. The only problem was that when I went to use my computer it wouldn't come on. Then, when I picked up my phone to call the tech people I realized that the phone was dead too. Yep, you guessed it … the tree crew had cut my phone line. 

I tracked down the boss man Vince and, with his help, we contacted Century Link and they assured us they would have a repair man out by no later than 6 pm. Once again, I'll bet you guessed it ...by noon the next day they were still a no-show. Luckily Vince was able to re-connect the wire and I was back in business except, as he was the first to explain, it was definitely just a stop gap and the phone company men would need to re-connect me to their standards. 
 
It is now 9 am Saturday morning as I write this and. after many phone calls and a blistering letter to the company, I am still waiting …




 

 
 
 

8 Comments:

Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

I share your frustration. You have been terribly inconvenienced through no fault of your own. And basically defenseless against the big company responsible. Urgh!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

It sounds like our companies here Down Under.Customer service is really letting people down.. and its so frustrating. Our telecommunications company wouldn't send out a tech to help me with our Internet issues. Nowadays it is essential to have the Internet going for the students in the household...
I hope you are well xxx

6:57 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

Oh, Ginnie, I share your pain. I would complain to everyone I saw. Hope it is fixed soon.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

Hope you are reconnected soon, Ginnie.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

They may be accessing your line and seeing that you can use it, think it has been fixed. Do they know about the stop gap?? Good luck.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It's Sunday now. I hope this got fixed yesterday.

5:07 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It is so frustrating when these things happen through no fault of yours and then you are left to sort them out. I hope this is resolved soon, Ginnie.

5:50 AM  
Blogger joared said...

Hope your line is fixed correctly by now. Phone companies service can be frustrating as I wrote about and have experienced off and on for much too long. Am hoping mine is resolved now, too.

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home