Thursday, April 06, 2017

Kudos to SAFELITE !!!

Here you see the Safelite truck that pulled up to my house yesterday. A nice young man named Matt was there to replace the window on the driver's side of my car that I thought had shattered three days earlier.

"Thought had shattered?” … well, on Sunday my son and I got in my car and when I shut my door we heard a loud bang. Nothing seemed to be wrong so we drove off and, since it was warm in the car, I opened both windows. The only problem was when I went to raise them only the one on the passenger side came back up. I could hear “broken glass” on the one that I couldn't raise and that is how Safelite comes into the picture.
 
When I got home I did a lot of research on the cost of replacing a window and finally, through my trusty computer and email, I was able to set up an appointment with Safelite in 3 days with a quote of $288.06.
 
Now Matt was here and he went right to work. However, as soon as he got the door frame off he got a surprise … my window wasn't broken at all ! It was the motor that gave out and I guess the bang we heard was it's last gasp. To say I was shocked and embarrassed is an under statement but Matt just took it in stride. He called the office to tell them what had occurred and then I had another shock. SAFELITE DIDN'T CHARGE ME A DIME !!
 
In this day and age where the almighty dollar seems to be the only thing that matters it is such a pleasure to deal with a company that cares. Kudos to you Safelite. You have my 100% endorsement and I can say, from personal experience, that you certainly live up to your TV commercials.



6 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

It is good to know there are company's like this one still in business, Ginnie. Thank you for sharing.

2:16 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

What great luck!! I use AAA for broken glass.

THanks for eh visit and comment.

5:50 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice to know that you were not charged for the service call, Ginnie. And I also had a car window motor fail. Sadly, the repair including labor and the part was more than your estimate on a window replacement.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

How nice. That's pretty unusual.

5:34 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Well, I am impressed! Good for you!
And Good for SAFELITE!

9:57 AM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

Indeed !!!!

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home