Saturday, July 06, 2019

THE COSTS FOR STOKING HIS EGO

For years I've watched the 4th of July Washington, DC festivities on C-Span. I've always been impressed. Patriotism was always front and center but the music and the speeches were simple. They were like down-home examples of the unity and love that was being expressed in millions of towns across the country. We were truly celebrating America's Independence Day.

Fast forward to this year's tacky show of grandeur and military strength. Who would ever have believed that we would see a stage setting constructed in front of the Lincoln Memorial and grandstands occupied by invited ticket holders that consisted of Trump VIPs, followers and donors to his campaign? It was ludicrous as was his long and tiresome teleprompter reading.

And the big question is … WHAT IS THE COST FOR ALL THIS ? .
.. and just how long are we going to allow it to happen? In all my 86 years I have never seen anything to top what Donald Trump is doing to our beloved country. I have a feeling that our real shock will come after he's left the White House … when we the people get the bill !

6 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

It was a spectacle for sure. The election can’t come soon enough and I don’t even live in the US.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I didn't have the stomach to watch. Daily that man has me shaking my head in disbelief.

9:01 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

Oh, Ginnie. I am so afraid the Democrats will continue to snipe at one another and not put forth a plan for our future and a roadmap for getting Trump out of office. The Russians are once again spreading lies on the Internet and these are picked up and shared all over FB. I am very worried what that man and Mitch McConnell can do to our country and environment if given another four years.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

And this is why I did not watch the DC events, but opted instead to watch a local fireworks display.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I have just read that evangelicals love this president like none other. They have lost the moral high ground although I guess they never had it.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

From Possum:

I refused to watch it on TV, but parts of it were broadcast, some repeatedly, like his statement about the Revolutionary Army taking control of the airports and not knowing that the Star Spangled Banner was from the War of 1812. Dubya was stupid, but this one adds constant lies to his stupidity- but maybe because his dementia does not let him realize the truth.
Yes, I worry about what he and his vanity has cost the tax payers of this country, but the true COST is even greater as he destroys all the progress we have made over the years with Putin whispering in his ear telling him what to do. Lord knows, he hasn't the brains to do any of this on his own!
I am reminded of the way the ancient pharaohs destroyed their predecessor's temples and monuments, chiseled their names off of walls... as Rump tries the same thing to destroy everything Obama did for this country.
I hope WE, the People of this once wonderful nation, survive this Commander of Cruelty and hate.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home