Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Just another Senior Moment

Some friends and I were comparing “Senior Moments” recently and I told them about the time a few years back when I received my vehicle registration renewal form. I was surprised to see the words “NO Inspection Required” written in red under the due date. I thought that was odd but then I figured that maybe North Carolina was instituting a new 2 year inspection thing and I was happy to save that part of the cost at least.

I decided to pay the fee on line but it kept kicking me out and finally, in frustration, I headed to the local DMV office.
When I finally got to see a clerk I handed the paper to her while explaining that I had no idea why I hadn’t been able to pay the fee on line. She answered that she could no nothing for me until I had the vehicle inspected. Well, you can imagine how I jumped on that …pointing her to the “NO Inspection Required” line written in red on the form.

She didn’t even bother to answer that. She just gave me that look that young people have when dealing with seniors. Then she took her pen and circled the words in red and dismissed me with the words …“Come back after the car’s been inspected”.

I was confused, as you can imagine, and when I got to my car I decided to take another look …this time with my glasses on. Oh, no. Very clearly in red it was written: “
NC Inspection Required”

7 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I luv it.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

This sounds like something that could happen go me, Ginnie, now that I need reading glasses after cataract surgery. It corrected my far distance, but seeing close up is impossible without readers now.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

Lol. I’ve had a few of those moments lately!

4:36 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Now that is funny. I was trying to make the sentence say that you had not had an inspection and one was required.

2:01 PM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

I love reading about others who have "senior" moments. It makes me feel better somehow. Although my daughter assures me I had those same moments as long as she can remember.

8:06 AM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

I've lost count of the number of times I've done stuff like that.:(

5:02 PM  
Blogger Terra said...

Oh dear, that could definitely happen to me. NC and NO are pretty darn similar.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home