Monday, December 10, 2018

An amusing Christmas gift ... 2006


This is a photo taken in 1936 of me (bottom left) and three of my four sisters.  You can tell that none of us wanted to have our picture taken and can almost hear the big sighs and read our secret thoughts … "you can make us pose but you can't make us smile."  Only our middle sister Nancy, always the rebel of the family, was brave enough to actually refuse to be part of the photo.
At Christmas time 2006 my 80 year old sister Mary (top right) used this picture as her gift.  She'd had it framed and it came complete with a card that read "Merry Christmas, Joy & Peace".  It's evident that old age had not robbed her of a good sense of humor and it still remains one of my favorite gifts.

************************************************************************************
PS: I don't like that only Google members can post on my blog. If you want to leave a comment feel free to email it to me at snowflakesnew@gmail.com  & I will post it.    



9 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

That picture is a gem! Such a precious gift!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

The picture is priceless. Such a precious gift!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Joared said...

That’s funny!

10:53 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Funny photo. In the digital age, my grandkids are so used to the camera that it isn't an issue. And Danica can flash a bright, winning smile right on cue.

3:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great photo, Ginnie. Love the expressions. Nothing like old black and white photos.

9:36 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

I LOVE the picture and have dozens like it of my son. We did indeed get dumped on with the storm, ending up with more than twenty inches of heavy wet stuff. Out of power and Internet service from Saturday evening until last night. Thank goodness we have a large generator. It will be a few more days before we can get out.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Had to laugh. That is the expression I shared in most of my childhood photos.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sometimes the best gifts are sharing memories of time together and your sister obviously wanted to do that...good for her.

2:51 PM  
Blogger possum said...

What a treasure! A gift to remember for sure!
What else do you remember from 2006 Christmas?
See what I mean? I sure don't remember it.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home