Sunday, February 14, 2016

A CHALLENGE ...


A blogger friend nominated me for this award and I appreciate that but it comes with a challenge.   Here are the rules:

1.  Link to the blogger who has nominated you. 
2.  List seven random facts about you.
3.  Nominate seven creative, beautiful bloggers, and let them know about the nomination.

So, I'll take it in that order.  I was chosen by Bonnie of http://bonniesbooks.blogspot.com.
She's been a blogger since 2007 and if you are a book lover you'll enjoy what she has to say. I don't always agree with her book choices but that is simply a matter of taste.  Her book reviews are wonderful.  Thank you, Bonnie, for the nomination.

Seven random facts:  1) I am an Aquarian, born in 1933 but I gave up having birthdays in 2013 !  2) Reading is a passion.  I can't imagine a day without a good book...and I mean "book", not those flat, electronic things.  3) I have 26 years of sobriety thanks to Alcoholics Anonymous and, although I am not religious, I do have a strong spiritual life based on the concepts of the program. 4) I exercise every morning ...nothing heavy duty, just 18 Tai Chi warm ups that take about 10 minutes.  I have been doing this for over 10 years and it has been a life saver. 5) Politically I am liberal and proud of it. I don't know when the word "liberal" got such a bashing but, in my estimation, we need to change that.  6) I enjoy blogging and have done so since 2006.  It is especially interesting to interact with bloggers all over the world and I intend to keep on with my little blog vignettes for a long time to come.  7) Although I love to travel I have realized that it is no longer an option for me so I rely on my blogger friends to take me along on their journeys.   Thanks to you all.

My seven "Beautiful Bloggers":  (sorry fellas,  you're not beautiful enough !)

My Little Corner of the World   http://possumlane.blogspot.com/
Island Musings   http://islandmusingswithmarie.blogspot.com/
The New Sixty   http://thenewsixty.blogspot.com/
Mountain Musings  http://ncmountainwoman.blogspot.com/
Schmidleysscribblings   http://schmidleysscribblins.com
KGMom Musings   http://kgmom.blogspot.com/
Just Ask Judy      http://justaskjudy.blogspot.com/

9 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

Thanks, Ginnie! I'll try to do mine soon
Hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow!!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Well thank you so much Ginnie. So sweet of you to think of me. I will try to think of seven things.
Some of those things about you I have learned reading your blog. We are a lot alike in many ways. Blogging is the best isn't it?

4:18 PM  
Blogger Bonnie Jacobs said...

Hi, Ginnie — I have edited the link on my blog so people can come straight to this post and learn seven random facts about you. Here's the link, if you are curious:
http://bonniesbooks.blogspot.com/2016/02/beginning-with-not-being-seen.html

Thanks for playing along with me. It's fun to learn more about my online friends.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so right about 'books', Ginnie

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I am too lazy to participate, however. I too am a Liberal, but not an extreme left-winger. Too many years working in government helped me realize that problems are complex and not easily resolved as some pols suggest. All you have to to understand this is study the budget process here in Washington, DC. There are several crackpot extreme right-wingers for sure, but we can oppose their goofy ideas without losing our bearings.

I hope you have many, many more years of blogging Ginnie. I enjoy your vignettes. Thanks again. Dianne

12:00 PM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

Thanks, Ginnie. I'll try to think of seven things in the near future.

1:18 PM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

I must have good taste in blogs because many of your favorites are mine as well..:)

9:26 AM  
Blogger KGMom said...

Ginnie--honored to be on your list of "creative beautiful bloggers."
Not sure I can rise to the occasion. My blogging has become so infrequent, AND the bloggers I might nominate have no doubt already been named.

1:10 PM  
Blogger possum said...

Thank you, Ginnie! I am honored... but I am struggling with this laptop, so proper response will have to wait until I get my PC back. Over a month to replace a fan????
But it was fun to read your 7 "facts."
We share many "facts" in common... my favorite fact being a visit from you a couple years ago! What a treat!

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home