Saturday, December 13, 2014

A special gift … lost and found !


Six years ago my good friend Bud gave me this lovely necklace for my 75th birthday. He knew that it was the name of my blog and he had it made special order for me. I had convinced him to try blogging also because I knew he had an interesting background and thought he would enjoy sharing it with others.

Well, long story short, he did set up a blog and posted about 6 or 7 entries. He was even getting some good comments but his love of golf took over and he let the blog go.

About a year after Bud gave me the necklace it went missing. I couldn’t find it anywhere and every time I saw Bud I was reminded that I’d lost his gift and I hoped he would not ask about it and why he never saw me wear it.

Imagine my surprise today when I found it in my sweater drawer ! It was actually stuck to the inside of the sweater I chose to wear and I would never have thought to look there. I am so happy to have it back and, since I see Bud most Sundays I intend to wear it tomorrow.  Unless he reads this blog entry he'll never know about the loss ! 

9 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I have a leather bookmark that's about 55 years old. I keep losing it, and it will resurface some years later only to disappear once more. It has been missing for several years now.

7:02 PM  
Blogger possum said...

Oh what a lucky break!
I bet you are glad you did not decide to give that sweater away!
That is a super nice gift. An early Christmas for you! LOL!

4:47 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Even if he does read this post, he will know how much the loss troubled you. What a great recovery.

12:12 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

Great. I have had pieces of jewelry go missing, only to find later...in odd unexpected places.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello Ginnie, greetings and good wishes.

I am so glad that you finally found the lovely necklace that was specially made for you. You must be thrilled with the find.

I hope Bud finds time to blog.

Best wishes

7:02 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

I love this story. So often I will bring out a jacket I haven't worn for a while and find a surprise. So glad you found the necklace.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Ha! I just read your Virginia post even though you haven't posted it yet. That happens sometimes. Anyway it's sinter eating how 'Yes Virginia' has crept into usage in general.

1:24 PM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

I love stories with happy endings...;)

5:42 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

Nice gift and great that you found it.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home