Thursday, October 16, 2014

1959.…NEW LOGO … NEW PUPPY

1959 was a year of beginnings. My husband and I lived in New York City and we’d fashioned one of the rooms in our apartment into a dark room for his burgeoning free lance photography business. Everything seemed to be falling in place but we had yet to come up with a logo that satisfied us.

A friend of ours was the Art Director for Swissair and he designed the logo that’s pictured above. It was clean and simple and we loved it.  It was my husband’s initials (RD) in lower case (rd).  We
used it on all of our correspondence and even had little glue-backed stamps made up for us in rolls, such as you see at the Post Office. They included along with the logo the words “Richard Dean Concept” and we would adhere one to each finished photo before presenting it to a client.

Another new acquisition at that time was a miniature dachshund we named Tiger. She was a typical puppy and commenced to chew her way happily through most of our slippers and anything else that she found tempting. I guess the glue backing on Dick’s promotional stamps was to her liking because …

 
…I couldn’t believe it one day when I found four cylindrical shaped turds wrapped in the words, “Richard Dean Concept”. You can imagine the ribbing that Dick got over that !

9 Comments:

Blogger KGMom said...

Oh, my.
By the way, love the looks of that puppy. I am very partial to doxies.

8:43 PM  
Blogger possum said...

OMG! How funny is that?
Reminded me of our first Christmas with Huckleberry - a Manx kitty... as she walked across the floor with tinsel hanging out her butt.
But your story is funnier!

4:06 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

LOL--Ginnie! I love the story. And I have missed you. Trying to catch up here and on other blogs.

5:40 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

Thanks for the chuckle. Great logo.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Very clever logo and super funny about the puppy. They do eat everything don't they?

2:46 PM  
Blogger Grace-WorkinProgress said...

I had a puppy once that ate all the scrabble letters. Very funny.

6:06 PM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

Oh my! Not good....:)

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Truly a funny story. I had a dog who ate his way through a couple of rugs, Still find pieces of it in the garden and he's been gone for two years (lived to 18).

11:48 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Enjoyed this recollection, Ginnie. A very unique logo design with great simplicity and the puppy seemed to agree as well.

3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home