Friday, November 14, 2014

Hiatus over … missed this by a few days:

This is a picture of my daughter and son-in-laws back yard. It is where I was visiting for the past 3 weeks. I don’t usually visit this late in the year and was very glad that the weather stayed clear while I was there. I have had enough snow to last me a lifetime and, knowing that, they sent me this photo to prove that I came home just in time !

They live in upstate New York, across the river from Albany. Most of my vacation was spent there but I also met with a niece and brother-in-law and that entailed visits to Vermont and Duxbury, Massachusetts. I’ll give details in future blog entries.

Before I got the “snow picture” I was going to open this entry with two photos taken from the same window. Look at the difference …
 
Although I don’t like the snow I have to admit that all three pictures are enticing … just like the memories of my wonderful visit.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

he bottom photo of the orange and blue sky is gorgeous.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Welcome home. I guess, given your predilections, that I won't wish you a white christmas. :)

3:39 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

I'm with you on this one. Had enough snow in 20 years in WI to last the rest of my life. Lovely from afar, but not in my back yard.

7:34 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Welcome back. So glad you had such a great visit with family. Love that orange sky.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Ginnie, glad to read you had a great visit and I did enjoy seeing the snow.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello Ginnie, greetings.

Lovely photos. We don't have snow here in Kochi any time of the year. I shudder at the thought of snow. Yet so many people in many parts of the world enjoy the snow.

Best wishes

8:21 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Glad you are home! Bet snow will visit us this winter. Rats!

9:10 AM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

I love snow. It's the cold that goes with it....no thanks...

4:55 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

After seeing what happened in a few areas near Buffalo, I wonder how people survive there. I will take the South anyday, at least, until the heat of summer arrives!

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home