Wednesday, December 03, 2014

A wink and it’s over …

It seems like Thanksgiving came and went so quickly that I hardly had time to take it all in. My family was fairly wide spread this year so I thought it would be fun to make some comparisons.

My daughter’s husband took this picture from their front porch on the Big Day.


They live in Columbia County, New York and actually had Thanksgiving with a dear friend the day before since they knew this was coming.

My niece is also a New Yorker and is lucky enough to have friends who have a small penthouse apartment in the city, just one building off the park. She writes that there was a good view of the Macy's parade, looking down on all the floats and giant balloons.


My oldest son spent the day with his girlfriend and her family here in North Carolina. There was a bit of a chill in the air but not at the table !

My middle son and I took off for Tampa, Florida for a fun filled 4 days with his daughter, my granddaughter, and her fiancé. We had a wonderful time and you can see by this photo how different that was from all the others !




 

9 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Some interesting comparisons: urban vs rural; snowscape vs seascape.

4:31 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

Wow! Wish I had been in FL for Thankgiving!!

5:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Every year about this time, I wonder about living in FL again. Then I remember the miserable summers and say..forget it. As for moving further north, the same but different thought occur. Your snowy photo says it all.

7:29 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

That was quite an interesting tour. Each with different views and climates.
Your beach clothing in Florida looked a bit hefty. Hope it warmed up for you.

8:37 AM  
Blogger possum said...

Oh what a fun post!
Great contrast. Snow is beautiful, but don't want to drive in it anymore.

6:20 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

Different weather but the same theme...family and friends on Thanksgiving Day.

12:11 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

Thanksgiving can draw us together--but sometimes with families far flung, that is difficult.
Our London (UK) based daughter and her husband gather a group of friends, including a few Americans, and have a Thanksgiving meal every year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving Thursday. Of course, in the UK they don't have or celebrate Thanksgiving.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hello Ginnie, interesting photos. I am glad you enjoyed Thanksgiving. Best wishes.

7:08 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

The time has flown by. It seemed it was just October! I'm glad that you had a good Thanksgiving, which is my favorite holiday.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home