Saturday, May 18, 2013

A proud grandma …



 
Graduating from North Carolina State University is no small thing…and graduating Magna Cum Laude is even a greater achievement, so no wonder I am a proud Grandma !

You may remember this adorable picture. It is Amelia at age 5.
 


And here she is last Saturday accepting her Bachelor of Arts Degree in Psychology & Biological Sciences:

 

It doesn’t seem possible that 19 years have elapsed since that first picture was snapped. There have been many changes in that time … but it’s always been uphill. Now she and her fiancé have moved to Florida and I can’t wait to see what the future has in store for her.

But one thing is certain … whatever it is you can bet I’ll write about it !!

8 Comments:

Blogger Syd said...

So happy for her. She has accomplished so much.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Posted by an understandably proud grandmother as well she should be of this young woman's achievement.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Congratulations all around.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Vagabonde said...

Such accomplishment and I can believe that the time has gone quickly. I have been away from the computer (my last post was pre-programmed) because we went to Tennessee where my granddaughter was born last Friday week on May 10th, 8 ½ pounds. I hope I will still be around when she graduates!

6:53 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Congrats to both you and her. She is such a beauty and now with education tucked safely away, the world is her oyster.

7:52 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

Congratulations to the new grad and to all of you who helped make it happen!

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you and Amelia. I have an Amelia granddaughter also, and she is entering the Curry School of Education at UVA next fall. She graduated from UVA a year ago and has been working for the university for a year.

As for NC State. Our family has a number of UNC graduates, beginning with my husband who graduated many years ago, his daughter Julie, is also a graduate, and now his grandson is a rising Sophomore at the university.

I love to hear about the progress of our grandchildren. However, this is a sad week as my cousin's grandson, age 28, died a few days ago of a heart attack in his sleep. Dianne

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clever young lady ... It must be something to do with her genes Ginnie. ;-)

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home