Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Guess what ?

 
    


 

                                         http://www.unlimiters.com/ 
 
I've been hired by this amazing website to write a weekly blog for them. It is an online marketplace geared to individuals with disabilities and to the products they have found that make their lives easier.

Their founder/president is a young man named Justin Farley who, although facing his own limitations and life in a wheelchair, decided to put that aside and to follow his dream. He is definitely a person who “lives his life without boundaries”, as it says on their home page.

When their facilitator Lisa contacted me she told me that they were looking for a network of bloggers with various disabilities or limitations writing about ways that they “unlimited” their lives. She said the reason they were contacting me was because they felt I could represent the older population which (despite being in the majority) are often overlooked.

I don’t have a physical disability, per se, but  I surely have the aches and pains and difficulties that go along with being 80 and that’s what I plan to write about. And here’s where I turn to you, my blogging family ! If any of you have faced limitations and/or are living a life with medical disabilities I would love to hear from you. Please email me with your thoughts and your recommendations.  

Although their website is a marketplace Justin and Lisa have given me a blank slate and I am free to fill it as I see fit.  It does not have to be based on products so that gives me wide leverage and I hope, with your help, to chronicle the ways that we break out of the chains and lead lives without limits ...no matter how old we may be !

 

12 Comments:

Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Oh my, a paying job yet. Congratulations big time. Will think on that and get back to you.
Mine are mostly just aches and pains also.

4:48 PM  
Blogger ellen said...

Congratulations! I know you will do a splendid job. I hope it turns out to be lots of fun.

10:40 AM  
Blogger RoyalTLady said...

I am sure you still remember me...
How are you dear?

10:45 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

Hooray! You will bring so much and I will follow along.

Congratulations!

1:51 PM  
Blogger RoyalTLady said...

Thanks for your return visit to my blog land... have been wonderful with three grandchildren now...

Cheers.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Sounds cool. Keep us posted. Maybe some of us will have ideas as time goes on.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Grace-WorkinProgress said...

How fun for you a new adventure

9:08 AM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

Congratulations on your next big step! :)

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't really have any complaints. Although I have arthritis I am fairly mobile. My garden helps me stay in shape and walking my dogs helps too.

Have fun with your new adventure. Dianne

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have osteoarthritis which can become crippling, but I stay active with gardening and dogs. Thus, I have no complaints at present.

Have fun with your new adventure.

5:08 PM  
Blogger possum said...

Oh how exciting!
As you know, I was told years ago I would never walk again, but I refused to accept that! I was in my 30s! So, the wheelchair stays in the barn most of the time... comes out for special occasions - like civic centers, arenas, etc where there is no way I can walk from point A to B, let alone G or H! Perhaps my post about using those garden bags and a sTAND-uP GARDEN? oops, caps. sorry.

12:01 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

Good for you, Ginnie. Sounds like an interesting project. The only ideas I have would be dealing with dementia and of course, alcoholism.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home