Sunday, March 03, 2013

Beautiful in any season …


It was wonderful to have my brother-in-law from Massachusetts visit with me this week. If my sister Peg had lived just a few more weeks they would have been married for 60 years !! That is practically unheard of in this day and age but they were devoted to each other and it was beautiful to observe.

He has kept himself in good physical condition and attributes a lot of that to staying active and taking daily walks. Knowing this I decided to take him to one of our local attractions. It’s the magnificent horticultural garden at our Community College. Of course it’s the wrong season if you’re expecting a show of color but it was a very pleasant walk anyway, as these pictures portray.

These adorable children welcome you as you approach the garden and there is another sweet child frolicking in the woods, as seen in the second picture. The rest of the photos are self explanatory … so, start down the path and ENJOY !







11 Comments:

Blogger KGMom said...

Ginnie--good that you are there to help your brother-in-law as he goes through the loss of a lifelong companion.

7:55 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I wish I had seen all that on the day that my daughter graduated. It looks lovely. It is nice you had a visitor. I applaud his almost 60 years with your sister.

8:18 PM  
Blogger possum said...

How wonderful to have had this visit! He is lucky to have you. What a great place to walk.
Made me think maybe I need to put a sculpture out in my woods! What fun to come across something like that!

6:12 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Making it to almost 60 years is quite an accomplishment.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

He must be lost with out her but it is good he has family like you to help.
What a lovely place and I really liked the children playing. You can't help but smile and remember when you see it.

7:30 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

What a lovely place! Glad you had a good visit.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lovely walk on a cool March day. I love Eastern NC...much more pleasant than MA, I think. David grew up in Elm City, Wilson, and Wilmington.

Regards to your BIL.

Dianne

5:39 AM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

Ah very nice. I do love horticultural garden and visit them whenever I have a chance...:)

3:18 AM  
Blogger Freda said...

What a wonderful action sculpture, and a beautiful place to go for an outing. Freda from Dalamory. www.freda.org.uk

8:57 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

You must give us a tour when everything is in blooom.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

So glad that he got to visit. He is a nice man. I enjoyed the email that he sent to me.

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home