Friday, July 31, 2009

Scenes from New York

I spent the first part of my vacation last week at my daughter and son-in-law’s house in Columbia County, NY. It is very rural and, although it rained quite a bit, the scenery was lovely and the temperature did not get much higher than in the low 80’s.

These pictures show the entry to their house, their beloved “ladies” enjoying a drink and the little bird house that has ended up on the ground and now has been taken over by friendly field mice. mice.





The final picture is one that I took in Stanfordville, NY, which is in the adjoining county of Dutchess and is where they have their antique business. It is also where we all lived as a family back in the 60’s.



Just posting this entry makes me want to jump back in my car and make a return trip!

5 Comments:

Blogger KGMom said...

There are some very pretty places in rural NY, aren't there.
We enjoy driving to see friends who live beyond Watertown.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Looking at that last picture, I want to go too.

3:54 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

The last photo reminds me of the northern parts of WV. Beautiful country!!

9:21 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

That is some gorgeous country side Ginnie, and I know just how you feel about wanting to go back there..my place of growing up is also gorgeous and I wish I could live there too. Again :)

2:22 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

Wonderful photos. It looks like a beautiful place. I like the temperatures especially! We won't see low 80's here for a while.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home