Sunday, July 26, 2009

SCENES from VERMONT

I’ve just come home from a peaceful trip to New York State and Vermont. The weather was not the greatest but at least it was cool.

My oldest sister Mary is in a retirement home in Vermont. She suffered a fractured hip about 6 months ago and has a very difficult time walking. It was sad to see her barely able to maneuver. However, she is near her daughter and the plan is to move her there as soon as they can get an apartment ready for her.

I’m sure Mary won’t miss the retirement home...but she will surely miss the lovely river scenes that are directly across from it. She told me that she even sees youngsters swimming there sometimes.


I stayed overnight with my niece Wendy. She was house sitting for a friend and it was a treat for both of us. The home is a lovely converted farmhouse on many secluded acres of lush Vermont countryside. We felt like we were in a very expensive B&B !

The next morning I headed back to NY and stopped, on the way, at the Sugarbush Farm in Taftsville, Vt. I had been there before and I wanted to get stocked up on their wonderful home made cheeses and to revisit the picturesque covered bridge.

It was a lovely two days and even the rain couldn’t dampen my spirits. I wish you’d all been with me !

5 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Welcome back.

3:31 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

Vermont is one of my favorite states--I have not seen enough of it, but it is always a lovely place to visit.
Glad you are home, though--we have missed you.

5:06 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

It looks lovely. Glad that you enjoyed the visit. It is always nice to get away!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Vermont is a wonderful state. I am disappointed that you did not refer to going to the Northeast Kingdom, which I believe St Johnsbury is in.

The covered bridges are worth a tour of the state in themselves.

12:04 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

I'm happy to know that you had a good trip and got back safely!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home