Thursday, September 11, 2008

SACROSANCT…(adj: “especially or superlatively sacred or inviolable“) WHY ??


I don’t get it. What is sacrosanct about Sarah Palin?

Call me dense but how can the Republicans get away with declaring “hands off” Palin? What makes her any different from all the other politicos running for office?

Here is a woman who could (heaven forbid!) become the actual President of the United States, and yet the press is being asked to treat her with kid gloves. We need, and deserve, a thorough look into all the aspects of her life ... not just the white-wash that is being presented.

You’d better believe that the merest hint of wrong-doing by Obama or Biden would be fair game for the opposition and the same needs to go for Palin.

Ever since Bush was re-elected I’ve lost faith with my fellow voters. How could we (in 2004) possibly choose to continue the preceding 4 years ... but we did, and look where we are now???

It’s pretty obvious that I am not a sophisticated political maven. I am just an ordinary, run-of-the-mill voter (who has been voting for over 55 years) and I intend to make my small voice heard on election day. I pray that there will be many debates between the candidates before that day comes.

I also pray that my fellow voters have matured enough to be able to put aside petty prejudices about race, color and gender. The rest of the world is watching closely ... the least we can do is to insist that the press scrutinize our candidates just as closely.

8 Comments:

Blogger KGMom said...

Ginnie--I heard a political analyst say that the Republican strategy is to keep raising these issues, phony ones, that keeps the press in a lather, that fires up the base etc. Because the longer they do that, the less time there will be to talk about the issues. Because on the issues, the Republicans lose.
Isn't that sad? And we are supposed to be the greatest country in the world? I fear that we are beginning an inevitable decline--we only need look at history for the caution!

3:20 PM  
Blogger kenju said...

AMEN,AMEN,AMEN!! I don't understand why either, Ginnie. Maybe they are afraid that we'll find out something they don't want us to know.

3:28 PM  
Blogger RoyalTLady said...

We, on this side of the world is just waiting, watching and observing...

The politics in each country never went clean...it's pretty unstable here (in Malaysia) as well.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

Ginnie, I'm glad that you see this and can only hope that others will as well. I don't understand how people could possibly want to continue with the Republicans after the last 8 years but as I told a friend yesterday, we deserve what we get if the majority pick McCain/Palin. I foresee more economic woes, more money thrown at a useless war, and less emphasis on the environment, education, and medical insurance issues at home. I am passionate about this but also feel powerless about convincing others. I can just vote my voice.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Dr Juan Cole on his blog offers some criticism of Palin on her interview performance (Sept. 12 entry) http://juancole.com/

Dr Cole is a historian who specializes in the middle east. He reads both Arabic and Farsi, which allows him to learns for himself what is being written in Iraq and Iran. I think he is one of the best informed academic on the issues of the middle east. Unfortunately, the Bush Administration choses to ignore him. He blog is the first thing I read each morning.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Cazzie!!! said...

Yes, we get ful news coverage on our own news here Down Under...when is this election going to end? It seems like...for-ev-errr, lol.

2:41 AM  
Blogger Dog_geek said...

I'm right with you. I feel alternately hopeful and terrified about the upcoming election, but more terrified than hopeful after the Palin selection.

5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know about 'the rest of the world' Ginnie, but I'm one foreigner who can't wait. At least you can tell your politicians apart. In the UK our awful bunch are all the same.

7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home