Friday, August 22, 2008

Spouting hatred under the guise of religion.


Tomorrow I will post what I had composed for today....but I feel compelled to write this first. When I checked out my blog this morning I had 103 comments from a man named Patrick who has taken it as his right to vilify Alcoholics Anonymous.

Yes, that's not a typo....there were 103 comments from this mad man. He is truly a disgrace to the airwaves and I will give you just a bit of his rhetoric so that you can judge for yourself:

I imagine 12 STEPPERS have sold their souls to the devil. Fortunately, I was saved through the power of Jesus Christ, but for many years had been exposed to the
evil “satanic cult” (Alcoholics Anonymous)

In Matthew 7:13-14 Jesus warned, Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

Jesus likewise warned in Luke 13:24, Strive to enter through the narrow gate, for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

I, PATRICK, AM THE TRUTH & BEAUTY THAT SURROUNDS THE LORD.



This is the sort of drivel that he spews, along with allusions to some of us being the anti-christ, etc., etc., ad nauseum. We, in AA, know that there are many ways to get sober and we don't defile those who go another way.

Patrick is the epitome of the angry, crazed person who hides behind religion and who has nothing better than to post 103 crazed comments. It is because of him that I will now have to moderate my comments. I apologize to you regulars. You know how much I enjoy your comments and I will continue to show them.

Tomorrow is another day, but Patrick won't be part of it.

10 Comments:

Blogger Syd said...

Ginnie, the troll that left you 103 comments is sick. I and many others got tired of his repetitive garbage, so we got rid of him via comment moderation. He feels empowered in his little mind that we resorted to comment moderation. What is great though is that we don't have to read any of his drivel anymore. We just delete and smile.

8:10 AM  
Blogger molly said...

good post. moderation is not so bad. i love the reject button when i get posts i do not want.

have a lovely weekend!

8:18 AM  
Blogger ms. bliss said...

I had the displeasure of Patrick and his rants on my blog as well. Ick! It is sad and alarming!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Your fanatical commenter is an embarassment to anyone who takes religion seriously.

2:20 PM  
Blogger An Irish Friend of Bill said...

Delete. Moderate. Thats it.
Another troll bites the dust!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Melly` said...

Oh Oh! I watched the movie tonight .. oh maybe it was the Frisco Kid (I should pay more attention)... anyway the Indian tells Gene Wilder's character... "Don't give me your God we have enough trouble with our own...!"

I just loved that.

May his God give him peace. I love that we dont ram our beliefs down anyones throats.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

The older I get, the more I think: spirituality good -- religion bad. It seems to make many people crazy.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds like Patrick needs to be taking his meds. He sounds a little delusional to me.

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to say it, but your country does seem to breed more than it's fair share of 'Patricks'.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a shame! Such mean-spirited people in this world! I'm sorry this happened on your blog. You certainly did not deserve it. And as for AA....any intelligent person knows the life-saving good that organization does!
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home