Monday, July 15, 2019

"My Halcyon Years" ... a book

… and did I read this book?   No, actually I wrote it and I'm thrilled to say that it is finally finished and for sale on Amazon.  The definition of the word HALCYON ("a period of time in the past that was idyllically happy") aptly describes the book and my big smile on the cover reinforces it.
 

February of 1943 was a pivotal time for  me.  I was the youngest of five girls living in Wellesley Hills, Massachusetts (a suburb of Boston) and my 10th birthday  was fast approaching.  Our country was deep into WWII by then but I was too young to truly understand what that entailed.  For me it was mainly a time of great drama so when my father asked me if I has a special wish for my big day I had a ready answer.  "Dad," I  said, "I want a British sailor" and that's exactly  what I got and where my story begins.  Little did I know how exciting the next 20 years would be.

I lived it.  I loved it and I hope you will enjoy reliving it with me.  This is just a partial list of all the star studded people, situations and career choices that fill the pages of "My Halcyon Years" …

WWII (visions from the home front),  Sylvia Plath (my High School class mate), Benny Goodman,
Margaret Bourke-White,  John F. Kennedy,   Howard Cossell,   Gregory Peck,    John Entwistle,
KEY-T TV,  Santa Barbara, Ca.,  WABC Radio,  New York,  NY.

10 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

ordered

3:55 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

I will look for it. Congratulations!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

From my blogger friend Jan …

So I just ordered 3 copies- 1 to keep, 1 to send to you to autograph, 1 to share.
I am excited!!!!!!!
I bet you are, too!

(I am overwhelmed and thank Jan so much … and all of you !)

8:30 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Just ordered it and big time congrats on being published.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Congrats on the book publication, which you alluded to previously when we spoke during our recent road trip. I know just from reading your blog posts that it will be a fascinating story.

4:57 PM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

Hooray for you! I'm going to enjoy reading it just as soon as I finish this onerous book club selection. BTW: Halcyon is one of my favorite words.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

I ordered your book from Amazon, Ginnie. I’ll receive it by the end of the month. I look forward to reading it.

8:21 AM  
Blogger kenju said...

Wow! Congrats! I will order soon. So proud of you.

You’d like the Ackland. It’s right off the corner of Franklin and Columbia.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Joared said...

Congrats on your book publication. Look forward to reading.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Linda P. said...

I ordered your book, read it in a day, and left a review! I also wrote a FB post telling my friends and family how much I enjoyed it. I was going to leave a review on Goodreads, too, but I don't find it there.

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home