Thursday, September 22, 2016

Time to speak up …


I just put this sign out on my front lawn. As many of you know I live in North Carolina and it's a scarey place to be right now...at least for me. My house sits close to the road on a busy street and I felt compelled to offset the Trump signs sprouting up around me.

I wonder how long it will last there before one of the “crazies” decides that I don't have a right to my own opinion. In 2012 my Obama sign lasted about 4 days before it was stolen. I wasn't too upset though because it gave me a great excuse to write a scathing letter to the editor of our local newspaper. They printed it too and I was pleased to see that we got some positive feedback.

I painted this sign because I love the message “Democrats for Sanity”. It's not original. I have a bumper sticker with those words. However, it is particularly apropos of this election season and I hope it will give some of the people who see it something to think about. 
 
November 8th will be here before we know it and a big dose of “SANITY” is badly needed. . 

10 Comments:

Blogger possum said...

Good for you!
I still would have preferred Bernie, but I know I could never vote for the Master of Hate, a man who brags how rich he is but has declared bankruptcy how many times, and has had hundreds of lawsuits from workers he just plain stiffed.

I am sure you will let us know when someone steals your sign. But wouldn't it be nice if they didn't?

3:55 AM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

I pray you are right, Ginnie. The fringes of society appear to have found a voice in Trump. What once were deeply buried, vile thoughts are now OK to say, even shout! I pray the qualified woman will not be a victim of the hatred.

4:06 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

That's a great sign. The party should copy it and use it.
The whole Trump thing perplexes me and the rest of the world.

4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed. Hillary underestimated the proportion of deplorables.

I had bumper stickers removed when I was for McCain. Crazies on both sides I think.

Praying for peace in NC. Received a call this week from an elderly Black woman raising funds for prople who cannot afford the fee for a stste issued ID required to vote. Smacks of the old poll tax.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

Love you sign and hope it stays right there. I agree that the party should copy that sentiment. My head hurts with all the garbage going on this year.

10:58 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

This is the first election when I have not seen even ONE yard sign for either Presidential candidate. In fact, I have seen very few bumper stickers and decals. The ones for Hillary tend to be on a Prius. The ones for DJT tend to be on a pickup next to a confederate battle flag.

For me the vote is a no-brainer. So obvious and yet I am very concerned.

12:52 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

Ginny--I hope your sign does not get ripped off. Please let us know if it does.
I have to restrain myself, as I confess to feeling like pulling out/down all the Trump signs. But then I think--they have a right to express their opinions. However, should DT get elected, I don't doubt some people will lose their right and their rights.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

This election year is a very sad one with the present choices. I am finding it very difficult to even read the daily political news with all the insults and name calling. It would be nice if there were more than the 2 present choices. Hopefully, your sign will not be removed or damaged, Ginnie.

12:04 PM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

Troutbirder - A yellow dog Democrat. Trump is making it easy to be one this round...:)

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a 'Brit' I often find American politics confusing and looking back at history there have been some 'weird' presidential candidates, but these two have to be the scariest !

5:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home