Friday, July 29, 2016

New York City ...July 16, 2016


Hi everybody: 

I've been gone for 2 weeks.   I was able to schedule my blog entries before I left so that was fine ... BUT, I was not able to post your comments while away.  Thanks so much for all the nice ones that you left and they are now in their proper places !

The picture is of me standing in front of the Freedom Tower at Ground Zero in New York City.  It was so very emotional to stand there and remember all that had happened there 15 years earlier. 

I just got home and have  lots of fun things to share but that will have to wait for now as I try to get organized.  I hope you are all able to keep cool.   Hugs to all,  Ginnie

9 Comments:

Blogger Marie Smith said...

Welcome back. I look forward to your posts.

3:59 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Welcome back, but how many comments do you actually reject? I always wonder about this approval business. I get about 1 non-approvable comment per year, and it's easy enough to rescind it after the fact. Oh well.

5:00 AM  
Blogger NCmountainwoman said...

That is such an emotional place. The one area that affected me most was St. Paul's Chapel where the firemen and rescue people were sheltered. To see the black boot marks on the pews sent me to tears.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I was stunned to read 15 years. Wow, it seems much more recent than that. That day is unfortunately always close in our hearts. That must have been quite an experience.

11:50 AM  
Blogger KGMom said...

Aww--so glad you got "away". And of course NYC is your old stomping grounds.
I have not yet been to the new World Trade Center.
Many years ago, I attended a seminar in Manhattan. In the evening, a group of us went to the World Trade Center and rode to the top -- Windows on the World. What a sight.

7:30 PM  
Blogger possum said...

Glad you are home safe and sound.
Looking fwd to your tales of your visit.
Now it is time to rest up from your vacation!
Welcome back!

5:29 AM  
Blogger troutbirder said...

Can't wait to read your always interesting stories...:)

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been to NYC since May 2002. We visited the 9/11 site the. What a terrible mess it was. I am happy to hear things are better.

11:03 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad you were able to get to NYC on your vacation, Ginnie. I would like to see the 9/11 memorial, when we are in NY in mid-October for a family wedding.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home