Monday, August 08, 2016

Last look at my vacation …


After a week in the Big Apple it was a distinct change to head north to my Daughter and son-in-laws home in upstate NY. You might remember that they are the ones that have the wonderful business called Bowen Barn in Stanfordville.


Happily for me they drove down to the City...along with their sweet little Bela … and picked me up.


It was wonderful to get back to their lovely home and I was very impressed to see that they had a new addition…. A greenhouse ! It's very impressive and has already yielded a supply of veggies. Of course the squash plants are very good at showing off and they have kind of taken over as you see here:

It was a wonderful week. Their home is secluded and set high with lovely views so it was the recuperative rest that I needed and I soaked it up.  

For years I have driven to their home but it's a good 14 hours from where I live and both my car and I are not as young as we used to be so ….traveling by train was a great alternative. All in all a wonderful two weeks



7 Comments:

Blogger troutbirder said...

How nice. A train ride and a recuperative rest with family in a serene setting...:)

5:45 PM  
Blogger Marie Smith said...

You've had a great summer with family. How wonderful! Your latest visit sounds so enjoyable!

4:01 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I agree that it's time to be driven and coddled ... just a little.

5:01 AM  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You have been having quite a few wonderful visits with family, Ginnie, and how wonderful that has been for you and them.And there's nothing wrong with being chauffeured to and fro. The greenhouse and barn look wonderful.

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Driving and riding in cars is difficult for me these days. Trains are preferable or flying long distances.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Arkansas Patti said...

I love that barn and it sounds like they have found a wonderful place to live and have carved out a neat life.
Interesting about the train. Me too on long drives and I won't fly so maybe I'll check in to that. Thanks.

7:22 AM  
Blogger possum said...

How fortunate you are to have such a delightful place to go - and a train to take you there!
Several years ago I found myself splitting my drive to the Poconos in half... the traffic has gotten horrible, so we started spending the afternoon and night in Chadds Ford visiting the Museum and Wyeth territory, eating at Hank's... then hitting the PA Turnpike early in the morning before the 18 wheelers took over the road. But, I have no trouble making the 6 hour drive home all in one shot.

So, I understand not wanting to drive to NY anymore... 14 hours - wow. Like you, there was a time................ but that time has long past.

Glad you are home. Glad you had a good time.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home